A photo journal of our traveling adventures

Sunday, October 24, 2010

BUDAPEST, DAY 2.....CONTINUED!

The Buda Side - looking from some steps leading to St Stephen's Basilica
A typical street in Budapest
Hungarian Folk Dancers
On board the Amadante
Who's your pixie friend, Grandpa?

Anyone for gelatto?...too cold today!

We went in here instead for some hot chocolate!
A "California Coffee Cafe" in Budapest

I am so glad I work out and lift weights!! Thank you, Lanae!


Somehow ......I published the previous post without finishing!!! Sorry, I might get the hang of this by our journey's end! Anyhow, Regan, in Sacrament Meeting, the ward mission leader spoke and was fabulous! He reminded me of you...tall, dark and handsome. He spoke with such conviction and love of the Gospel...just like you!
After Sacrament Meeting, we took a taxi back to the hotel and decided to venture out on our own (walking) to the other side of the river (Buda side) and take in a few sights of the city. Tonight we were entertained by Hungarian folk singers and a trio of stringed instruments. Really lively and fun. Goodness, it's almost midnight here! We better get some sleep so we can be up for our city tour of Budapest tomorrow. We love you all and miss you.

6 comments:

  1. You are doing great!!!! I love the pictures and it looks like so much fun!! Thanks for thinking of me...we sure are thinking about you. What is the time difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to watch your adventure as it happens! It looks like a lot of fun. Keep the pictures and posts coming, we love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the Amadante a beautiful ship? I am so sorry you had the delay in Paris but glad you made it to Budapest although very late. Sounds like you had a Spiritual feast at Church in Budapest. We also had a great Stake Conference and were Spiritually fed. Your travel agents are also enjoying this trip all over again through your eyes and experiences. Keep the pictures coming. By now your luggage should have caught up with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking us along with you on your trip Mama. I love it. A learning for us all. We love you xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics! Enjoy! Regan always thinks of you at lunch time and wonders where you are and what adventure you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...looks like all is going well and that you had a good Sabbath Day. We just got home from our spanish branch and thought we would check in on your adventures. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete