8 DAYS, BUT WHO'S COUNTING. . . . . TO OUR NEXT ADVENTURE! Since we have been married (now 8 1/2 years), we have loved traveling. Actually, in order to see all 5 of our children and grandchildren, we have needed to travel! They live in Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Hawaii and luckily, one here in California...walking distance from our house! Our married granddaughters live in Idaho and Utah.
We have talked about taking a trip to Europe for quite sometime. The last time Gene was there was when he was in the U.S. Air Force (in the '50's) and I was in southern Italy in the early '70's for 1 week!! My parents happily traveled quite extensively to many places on the globe and l know they are smiling down thinking of our European travel plans.
As you can see from the posted photos, we are getting organized and have most all of our "travel items" ready to go -- travel purse, backpack, money belts, pillows for the long flight, passports, travel guides, maps, many different sundries, oh yes . . . . .and clothes and walking shoes!
Dave Hilliard (our good friend from church) has been our travel guide who has arranged everything! Actually Dave & Jane took this same Blue Danube cruise earlier this year and loved it. We will visit 5 countries: Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany and Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic. After 2 weeks on the river cruise, we will fly out of Prague to Florence, Italy for a week. There we will tour Florence, Pisa, Lucca and the Italian Riviera ("The Cinque Terre"). Tell me we are not excited...or what?
Our hope is to post our experiences and selected photos so you can know what we are doing, seeing and feeling. Remember, we are novices at this blog thing and will learn as we go. Many thanks to Heather, our granddaughter, for initially setting us up with this blog. She tells us that, after our trip, we can have a "hard copy" in book form made of this European Vacation. Pretty cool, huh?
I'll try to post something next week when we are all packed and ready to roll! For now, thanks for your support and love as our family and friends.
Welcome to the blogging world!! We will be anxiously checking back up here for updates!! Please have so much fun and take LOTS of pictures for us! Seriously, enough pictures so we feel like we are there with you!! Love you guys!! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteIf you continue traveling at this rate Jesse and I will expect a visit out in Boston next year at this time! :) Love you
LOVE IT! GOOD JOB GRANDMA JO AND HEATHER. We are excited!
ReplyDeleteCome fly away with me!!!!
ReplyDeleteOk, if you want some company we can come fly with you.... :) Love you Opa
ReplyDeleteI think BUrke and I would love to sneak into your suitcases...:) Have SO MUCH FUN!!! Love the blog by the way. LOVE YOU!!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog!!! Bon Voyage...we will check in often to see your adventures! I'm so happy you can do this! Love you both...
ReplyDeleteKarla- As you can see I got the link to the blog and set up an account. Thanks. All the best wishes for a spectacular vacation. Am looking forward to following your every move.
ReplyDeleteOops didn't realize I had a name already. Well, you know it's me now. LOL
ReplyDeleteI love it!!! Taylor and I want to be added on your next destination list. Have so much fun and we cant wait to hear all about it
ReplyDeleteThanks for including us! We look forward to following your adventures!
ReplyDeleteThis is great, and I love the pictures. I'll enjoy this vicariously, since you and I don't seem to be able to get to Europe TOGETHER! So loved seeing you both in Palm Springs!
ReplyDeleteLove you bunches, Nancy
(Your "Roomie" Forever, at least in spirit!)