Yes, that is the "famous" green couch from Amy & Kris!
The next morning, Gene and I got to see Heather in her "element" at Beauty School. She will finish there in September.
Manicure anyone?
How about a pedicure?
Besides, a manicure & pedicure, Heather trimmed her grandpa's hair and gave me a great scalp massage, wash and style. It was loads of fun to see where Heather has been spending her time lately. That afternoon, Gene and I headed to Yellowstone (west entrance).
Both Gene and I hadn't been to Yellowstone for ions! I remember going with my folks when I was a teenager!
"Old Faithful"
It really was quite spectacular....erupting about every 90 minutes!
Mammoth Hot Springs - Yellowstone
more Mammoth Hot Springs
We spent 1 night outside the north entrance of Yellowstone in Gardiner, Montana. It's amazing the price we paid for a very "bare bones" Travel Lodge..$180. !!! Wednesday was a really full day, traveling around the east side of the park seeing more beautiful sights.
The falls
We saw lots of Bison.
Yellowstone Lake
The largest mountain lake in North America!
The Tetons
We rode a tram up to 10,000 feet!
Yes, that's the tram!
We made it to the top!
Beautiful views!
Jackson, Wyoming
The Tetons
We rode a tram up to 10,000 feet!
Yes, that's the tram!
We made it to the top!
Beautiful views!
Jackson, Wyoming
We spent 2 nights in Jackson in another bargain motel...another $180. a night for a super 8! I know, it is hard to believe. I had to humble myself quite a bit.
It was fine though...very clean! We ate really well in great restaurants in Jackson. The 2nd night we had great Mexican Food and saw the musical "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" at The Jackson Hole Playhouse. This theatre years ago use to be "The Pink Garter Theatre" and I remember being here with my family when we visited Jackson in the 60's! Great old-time western style and the show was fabulous!
Cute name.....great food!
Friday morning, we left Jackson and headed back to Rexburg and graduation that afternoon/evening.
Taylor's mom-Karen, Dad-Kevin (our Stake President)
and Karly (Taylor's only sister...he has 5 brothers!)
It was great spending some time with them!
Here we are...Heather's family!

No comments:
Post a Comment