with "Lisi", our fabulous tour manager!
Our trip from Prague to Florence was long.....but not too hectic like we thought it might be! After arriving in London (Heathrow Airport), we located a transfer bus to take us to the other London airport (Gatwick). As it turned out, we had plenty of time to get to Gatwick and make our connecting flight to Florence. What a long day though! We arrived at the airport in Florence at 11:30 pm...taxi to the hotel...checked in and to bed by close to 1 am! We are staying in a hotel (Adler Cavallier) close to the train station so it will be "handy" for us to take a train to various small towns (Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Siestra Levante on the coast) outside of Florence. The hotel is really quite charming and is located in a prestigious palace of the late XIXth century that has been renovated. I will continue on with our first day in Florence in the next post..........
HOh!! I'm hungry. I love traditional foods!!
ReplyDelete